Projects

Friday, May 15, 2009

Strawberry Cake

It is a tradition in my family that we get to pick what kind of cake we want for our birthday and Aunt Lisa, Lisa Condrey to many of you, makes it for us.  This is a frequently requested one by family members.  One bite and you will know exactly why.  My birthday is less than a month away and this recipe has me clicking my heels and chanting "There's no place like home".


Ingredients

1 white cake mix     1 pkg. Strawberry Jello,sm

¾ cup oil                   ½ cup warm water

4 eggs                         1 pkg. Frozen strawberries

                                     (crushed)

Directions 

Mix eggs and oil.  Add cake mix.  Dissolve Jello

In the ½ cup warm water and add to the mix.

Add ¾ of the crushed strawberries.  Bake in

Three layers in a 350 degree oven for 35-40

Minutes.

 

Icing:

1 stick butter

1box powdered sugar(10X)

Remaining strawberries

Mix together the butter and sugar and add

Strawberries as needed until spreading consistency(I use ALL the strawberries).  At

This point I add 3 oz.cream cheese.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin