Projects

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

I am not a woman who loves to cook. I consider it rather a necessary evil. So, when I find a good crock pot recipe I get really excited! This one is scrumplicious! Well, if you like beef stroganoff. I served it with egg noodles and a green salad. The whole family ate it up. I made just a couple of changes to the original recipe. Crock pots aren't ideal for browning things so, I brown my meat in a skillet then put it in the crock pot. I also do the same for onions or garlic when called for in a crock pot recipe. I have found in my experience that this improves the taste of the dish.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours,
Ingredients:
1 package stew beef (or your favorite type, cut into cubes or strips)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped


3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup beef broth
1 - 8 ounce container sour cream
salt, pepper and paprika
Preparation:Brown the stew beef then place it in the crock pot. Saute the onion and garlic in the same skillet you browned the meat in then add it to the crock pot. Combine all ingredients, except sour cream, salt, pepper and paprika, in a slow cooker. Cook for several hours. (I usually let it cook for 6 hrs. on medium)
Before serving, add sour cream, salt, pepper and paprika, to taste. If you want it a little thicker, you can mix some flour or cornstarch with water and add it to the mixture to thicken it. Serve over rice or noodles

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin