Projects

Monday, May 25, 2009

Chicken Fiesta Pasta Salad


Adapted from "My Sister's Kitchen"
I found this recipe @ "My Sister's Kitchen" blog seeing the picture just had to try. It definitely did not dissappoint. I made it for Sunday dinner and served with some nice bread. I think next time I will serve it with tostitos or corn chips. This is a great one for picnics or pot lucks this summer. I love how colorful it is because it is full of all kinds of yummy veggies. You gotta try it!
  • 2 cups chicken breast cooked and cubed or sliced (season with a little salt and pepper and garlic powder) I used high quality canned chicken and seasoned as directed (it was delicious and made this recipe even easier.
  • 1 lb. package bowtie pasta cooked according to package directions * Tortellini is also a delicious substitute*1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
  • 1 package grape tomatoes, halved or red pepper diced
  • 2 cans sliced olives, drained
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 package Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip mixed with one 16 oz container of sour cream. (The original recipe asked for 1 pkg. but I thought it made the dressing a bit overwhelming so I recommend that you start with 1/2 pkg. You can always add more if needed.)
  • 1 lemon zested and juiced.
  • 1 jalapeno seeded.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool. Add all ingredients in a bowl. Toss and mix in dressing.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin