Projects

Friday, July 10, 2009

Testimony


This past fast and testimony meeting on Sunday July 5, 2009 my little big boy Joaquin bore his testimony in Sacrament for the very first time. I can't tell you how humbled and grateful I was. The bishop for our ward encourages the primary children to bare their testimonies but they have to do it unassisted. As a result most of the children Joaquin's age began doing just that back in February. Soon Joaquin wanted to know "when is it my turn?" I told him we would have to practice and we began having family home evenings teaching him what a testimony is and then practicing at least once a week. Last Sunday he turned once again to me and asked, "When is it my turn" I said tell me what you are going to say and he did. I looked at Rodrigo and told him to take him up just in case he gets scared. Scared? He was NOT. He walked right up pulled the mic where he could talk into it and bore the sweetest purest little testimony completely by himself without a single prompt. It was so wonderful watching as the spirit bore witness of his words. How grateful I am to live in a ward that encourages the children to strenghten their testimonies by sharing them. I am also grateful Joaquin is surrounded by so many wonderful influences...teachers, friends, priesthood leaders, and family. I hope and pray this is the beginning of a strong tradition for Joaquin.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin