Projects

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Broccoli Salad

As I was searching for a good salad for a recent pot luck I rediscovered this recipe among my sister's "tried and trues". It is quick and easy and tastes like it took you all day to make. It is always a hit wherever we take it. Sorry it doesn't have a picture but it got gobbled up before I could find my camera. I will make it again soon and add a picture.

Broccoli Salad
Recipe courtesy of Sonia Goodwin and Caprece Curtis

Salad Ingredients:
  • 1 medium onion finely chopped
  • 3 heads of broccoli chopped
  • 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
  • 1/2 to 1 cup of cooked or pre-cooked bacon (I always use pre-cooked...hate what cooking bacon does for the smell of my kitchen)
Dressing Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. In a medium bowl mix the salad ingredients and toss. *2 hours before serving pour dressing over salad and toss again making sure to cover salad well. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
*Although it is better if you let it marinade in the dressing for 2 hours, it tastes perfectly wonderful marinading only for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin