Projects

Monday, January 11, 2010

PW inspired Dinner Rolls


When I saw these rolls at The Pioneer Woman I knew I must have them. See, as far as I am concerned anything, excepting liver and onions, cooked in a cast iron skillet is melt in your mouth yummy! Add to this that it was a recipe from The Pioneer Woman and I knew I couldn't go wrong. Just a few weeks before at a chili cook-off at the church someone had made rolls similar to these. I was dying for the recipe but never discovered who had made them so I felt it quite providential when I found this recipe. I did tweak it a bit. So I will provide the original recipe in a hyperlink along with my version below.

P'Dub inspired Dinner Rolls



Ingredients


  • Frozen, Unbaked Dinner Rolls


  • Melted Butter, Regular, Salted


  • Dried parsley


  • Grill Masters "Montreal Steak" Seasoning


Preparation Instructions



Spray a small iron skillet with cooking spray (or coat with olive oil). Place frozen rolls in the skillet, leaving plenty of room for rising. Cover and allow to rise for several hours.



After rising, brush rolls with melted butter.



Sprinkle on dried parsley and steak seasoning. Brush with additional butter. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.



Bake according to roll package directions (usually 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes), until rolls are a deep golden brown on top.



Serve skillet on the table.




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin