Projects

Monday, January 18, 2010

Greek Salad Dip



We have a tradition in our home that we try new recipes every year for our Christmas Eve dinner. While on my hunt for something new I came across this recipe that reminded me very much of an appetizer that I had eaten at California Pizza. I started craving it from the minute I saw the picture. I studied the picture carefully and then ran to the store purchased the ingredients and we ate it for lunch. It is easy to make, tastes wonderful, and is healthful. What more can you ask for?


Ingredients:


  • 1 8 oz Chive and onion cream cheese, softened


  • 1 10 oz container of Hummus (flavor of choice – I use "Tribe" brand it is wonderful tasting hummus but mild enough not overpower the dip.

  • 1 seedless cucumber, chopped


  • 2 -3 medium Roma tomatoes, diced


  • 3 green onion, chopped


  • 1 small can of sliced black olives


  • 1 lime juiced


  • ½ TBS Extra-virgin olive or canola oil (the canola is milder tasting)


  • 1/2 -1 tsp dried oregano


  • 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled

Directions:

Prepare the vegetables and olives. Place in a bowl and toss with the juice from the lime, oil, and salt. Note*** I usually prepare the lime juice, oil and salt like a salad dressing then pour it over the veggies and olives then toss. Spread the cream cheese over the surface of a platter or plate (8 inch platter). Spread the hummus over the top of the cream cheese. Spread the veggie mixture over the hummus. Crumble the feta over veggie mixture and then sprinkle with oregano. Serve with pita chips.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin