Projects

Monday, December 14, 2009

A brownie and a kiss


Well, I am finally back. The house is completely unpacked and everything in its rightful place. I am fastidious about everything having its own place. I can't function in chaos. It feels good and I can finally exhale. With the exception of the loss of several of my beloved serving dishes, my spring form pan,, and two bundt pans, the move went quite smoothly. I am not sure where these items could have ended up but I am already saving to replace them...can't live without a spring form pan! Speaking of, did you know they make a mini cheesecake pan that looks something like a muffin pan but the bottoms come off just like a spring form pan? This is definitely on my wish list. I could have used it to bake this next recipe although the muffin pan was fine.

I have been craving this sweet treat from the moment I first saw it on The Picky Palate blog. I love mint with chocolate and I knew this promised to taste as good as it looked. I did however alter this recipe. In fact, I made it from the picture. I didn't even look at her recipe not because I didn't think it would be good but because of pure L.A.Z.I.N.E.S.S! I used Betty Crocker's Triple Chunk Brownie Mix because it is my all time favorite. They turned out super dupper delicious!
Adapted from recipe @ Picky Palate
Ingredients:


  • 1 Box of Betty Crocker's Triple Chunk Brownie mix


  • 1 Bag of Candy Cane Kisses


  • 1 Package of candy canes


  • 1 cup of milk choclolate chip morsels



Directions:


Prepare the brownie mix per directions on box. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray. Place cupcake liners in the tin for each brownie. Unwrap 12 kisses, measure out the chocolate morsels and crush the candy canes(I used the small canes about 2-3 inches tall and crushed one per brownie. The amount you use will depend on how much mint you like and the size of candy cane you purchase. Pour the brownie mix into each liner about 2/3 full. Place a kiss in the center and push into batter. ***DO NOT PUSH KISS TO BOTTOM! You should be able to see the top of the kiss still.

Now continue by pouring enough batter over the top of kiss to cover. You should still have a little space at the top of the liner. This will allow the brownie a little room to rise as it bakes.

Bake according to the directions on brownie box. Once done remove from the oven and place on wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with milk chocolate morsels ( I used about 4-5 morsels per brownie.) and crushed candy canes over top and allow to cool completely. Makes 12 melt in your mouth treats!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin