Projects

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sugar Cookies “Precie” Style


Years ago Caprece and I began a tradition of making sugar cookies during the holidays. We always involved the girls – Chancey, Lilah, and Livvy. We would roll them out, cut out fun holiday shapes, and bake them. Caprece would whip up a bowl of her specialty frosting and we would decorate them. Of course, we always kept a bit of the frosting and a few undecorated ones just for Matt. They kept fresh longer that way. They made a great late night snack for him thoughout the week. That is if he didn't eat them all at once...they are very hard to resist.
It never seems quite like Christmas until I’ve made a batch. This year is no exception. I was thinking about her and all the fun times we had. How blessed I am to have not only a best sister but a very best friend! I want my boys to grow-up hearing about their Aunt Caprece. So it was decided F.H.E. it would be and this time I involved my boys. They loved it especially my Zeke who is only 22 months. See for yourself. Oh, and although it goes without saying. These cookies are melt in your mouth, can’t stop with just one…good.

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies (Nicole White - Precie's friend)
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
5 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp nutmeg
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar; add beaten eggs and sour cream. Beat well. Add dry ingredients. Chill for 30 min to hour. Roll and cut out. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 min or until lightly brown.

Caprece's Cream Cheese frosting
8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1 stick of butter (softened)
1 box of confectioners sugar (3 3/4 cup)
cream together

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin