Projects

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Exquisite Things



I dreamed about Caprece this week. I have only had two dreams with her since her death and in both at some point I am hugging her. Hugging her like the last time I hugged her at the airport in Salt Lake City. Holding on tight wishing that I didn't have to let go but knowing that I do. Usually waking from a dream such as this leaves me feeling a bit empty with a longing but, this time when I awoke I still felt her near me and it continued throughout the entire day. Saying that I miss her is an understatement of massive proportions but, well the English language isn't quite adequate in describing the things of the heart. Very dear friends of mine, who live in Australia, emailed me this week and reminded me of the "exquisite things she must be doing". What a glorious thing to ponder! I miss her and will throughout the rest of my life but I rejoice in the service I know she continues to give as a servant of our beloved Savior. What a gift the plan of salvation is and an even greater gift is my knowledge of it and the role our Savior plays in it....resurrection and redemption...Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift 2 Corinthians 9:15.

I thank God for the precious gift of family and even more for Caprece who was not only my Sister but my friend, my confidant, my exemplar and so very much much more. I love you!

2 comments:

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

what a nice picture of you guys. You are a strong women! Your sister must be proud of you!Just think this time is but a moment in the eternities! What a gift it is for us to be able to be with our loved ones forever! I am not just saying that but when you ponder it, it is overwhelming and amazing. I love ya!

Mariah said...

Thanks for sharing your inspirational thoughts! You are such an amazing woman, mother, sister, wife, and daughter of God! I love you so much and am so thankful I have you to talk with and lean on! I miss our Precie, but through YOU, I still have alot of her here with me! Love and hugs!
~Mariah

Blog Widget by LinkWithin