Projects

Monday, August 24, 2009

FRUIT PIZZA


Caprece was a great collector of recipes. She was always on the look-out for a good one and she passed the bug on to me. Matt allowed me to copy all of her recipes a couple of years ago and they get plenty of use!

This is a recipe from her collection. Once while visiting our cousin in Kentucy she served this light refreshing dessert and Caprece had to have the recipe. I decided to make it after suffering from a craving for a dessert with fresh fruit. It is easy to make and tastes wonderful.

From Caprece's collection by Raina

Ingredients and Instructions:

CRUST
4 cups flour
2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup brown sugar

Mix all together. grease texas sheet pan and spread evenly over the pan(will not be smooth). Pat with hands. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 min(the longer it cooks the harder it gets so cook it to desired firmness) I like it on the softer side so I cook it for 6 minutes. Allow to cool completely.

TOPPING
1 large tub cool whip
2 8oz cream cheese
1 small box powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese then add coolwhip. Add sugar 1 cup at a time and mix well. Spread over cooled crust. Top with seasonal fruits. I used strawberries, blueberries and kiwi on this one.


1 comment:

Caroline Brock said...

I LOVE fruit pizza--I used to make one like this in college that had a brownie crust and a similar frosting--I wish I could find it again! I'll have to try this one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin