Projects

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Last Week...Easter

Sometimes words are inadequate in helping us express the spiritual things we experience and last week, the week leading up to Easter was one of those times. As we concluded the week with a discussion on the empty tomb my heart was overflowing as were my eyes. Our home was filled with such a sweet peace. Joaquin and Zeke loved our Jesus wall. I used the Gospel art Kit to help me tell them about the last week of Jesus' life and then we hung them on the wall. I would find both of them throughout the day standing and looking and talking about what they saw. We decided to leave it up a little longer :).

My favorite part of the week was memorizing a portion of "The Living Christ" for the 12 days leading up to Easter. What strength and closeness I felt to the Savior as those words ran through my head throughout the week. It felt good, so good that I decided to memorize a new scripture each day for the remainder of the year. I may not remember it far beyond the day I memorize it but for that day it will be part of me. One of my favorite scriptures says,

"...I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jerimiah 31:33

and also in Proverbs 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart.

Memorizing the Living Christ helped me to write His life, His atonement, and His resurrection upon my heart. Every good thing that I have, that I am, that I do, is because He lives...He is the Living Christ. It makes me want to shout for joy :)!!

1 comment:

Caroline Brock said...

I LOVED your idea--I want to do something like this next year (we are in he process of moving and things have been crazy). Did you take pictures of your Jesus wall? What was it made of??
I agree with you that there is a special power in memorizing scriptures. I have felt this many times, especially when memorizing a passage of scripture. I need to get back into the habit!
Thanks for inspiring me!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin