Projects

Friday, February 3, 2012

Where on Earth Can I Find Heaven?

I miss it like the trees miss April when its fall...


Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,  60
        Hath had elsewhere its setting,
          And cometh from afar:
        Not in entire forgetfulness,
        And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come  65
        From God, who is our home:
~ William Wadsworth


Do you ever feel homesick and you are home?  I do.  As a child I instinctively knew the home I was missing was my heavenly home.  About the only place that eases this sense of longing for me is the temple.  Each and every time I attend the temple I feel, for those moments, close to home. The most wonderful part of all is that as I serve in the temple and then return to daily life I take a little piece of that heaven with me to my earthly home making it a little piece of heaven too.


Here is what President Monson, a living prophet, has to say about the temple.

"As you and I go to the holy houses of God we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation.  In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace, we will be renewed and fortified.  May we make whatever sacrifices are necessary to attend the temple to have the spirit of the temple in our hearts and in our homes."

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin