Projects

Monday, February 8, 2010

Cooking with Caprece - Glazed Carrots

Yesterday I made a family favorite "3 envelope roast" and I was trying desperately to figure out to serve with it.  I didn't want the same ole same ole.  So I dove into Caprece's recipes and came across this one that looked delicious.  It didn't disappoint although I think I like my friend Christina's recipe better.  I also served wild rice and roasted asparagus that was out of this world good.

Glazed Carrots recipe courtesy of Sharlee Bates

Ingredients:
  • 2 pkg (16oz) fresh baby carrots
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 envelopes of ranch dressing mix
Cook carrots as desired and set aside.  Combine all ingredients except carrots in a large sauce pan over medium heat.  Stir til butter is melted and everything is well blended.  Add carrots cook and stir for 5 minutes until carrots are glazed.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin