Projects

Monday, January 23, 2012

"Of Thee I Sing"



I am a collector of children's picture books. I grew up reading.  My grandmother, my constant source of inspiration, read to me often and would discuss what we read.  She was always pushing me to be the very best I can be and to see the best in all around me.  She was truly one to accentuate the positive.  It wasn't that she didn't notice the negative she just chose not to focus her energy on it.  This is why when I read the book "Of Thee I Sing" the very first time I felt like a child once again sitting in her lap soaking up her wisdom.

It is a book written by Barack Obama to his children.  He is reminding his girls of how great they are and at the same time teaching them about the great people who helped make this nation the glorious place that it is.  I don't think I have gotten through a read of this book without tearing up.  I just can't help but to be moved by the beauty of the people who have shaped us and have encouraged us to find the best within ourselves and share it.  Below are just two small samples.

When I read this page my boys are always eager to share their song with me.


Who isn't inspired by Abraham Lincoln?
No need to buy it just head on over to your library and check it out. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin